Soft Tissue Surgery
Soft tissue surgery is a varied discipline which covers the majority of surgical procedures available, from ears, nose and throat to gastrointestinal surgery and mass removal.
Soft tissue specialist, Dr Janet Mcclaran is an expert in the following areas:
- Cancer surgery and Tumour removal
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Respiratory and Cardiac Surgery
- Gastrointestinal and Liver Surgery
- Portosystemic shunts and vascular anomalies
- Reproductive Procedures
- Endocrine Surgery
- Wound care and reconstruction
The patient experience:
At London Vet Specialists, a team centred approach allows the most comprehensive care for your pet.
Our specialised surgical equipment and facilities allow us to perform complex procedures with ease, and under the watchful eye of our anesthesiologists, residency trained to provide the safest care for your pet.
We offer 24 hour, round the clock care at Village Vet Hampstead to ensure that post operative care is carried out under the watchful eye of a highly team of trained nurses and veterinarians.
Minimally Invasive Surgery Solutions
Minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery is the optimal way to reduce pain and speed recovery in your pets and patients.
Here are some of the most common indications and procedures performed here:
Healthy dogs > 4kg: (in large breed, at risk dogs, may be combined with laparoscopic gastropexy)
- Laparoscopic single port ovariectomy
- Cryptorchid castration
Minimally invasive urinary procedures
- PCCL (camera assisted bladder stone removal)
- Cystoscopy for bladder biopsy (female dogs greater than 10kg)
- Liver biopsy (neoplastic v copper storage v toxin etc)
- Gastrointestinal biopsy in dogs and cats (is it LSA or IBD?)
- Other organ biopsy (lymph node, pancreas, kidney, spleen)
- Thoracoscopic assisted lung lobectomy (for solitary lung masses)
- Pericardectomy (for idiopathic pericardial effusion)
- Chylothorax (pericardectomy and thoracic duct ligation)
- Pleural biopsy (for pleural effusion of unknown origin)