Our centre contains some of the most-advanced medical equipment available so that our patients can be cared for to the very highest of standards. We are only facility in central London to offer a full time specialist surgery service as well as specialist services in emergency and critical care. Advanced intensive care facilities include:
- Blood bank, with canine plasma stored on site
- Advanced Intensive Care Ventilation
- Cage-side continuous oxygen therapy
- Multi-parameter continuous monitoring including ECG and direct arterial and central venous blood pressure monitoring
- Syringe drivers to provide total intravenous anaesthesia, analgesia and lipid therapy for intoxication
- Active chest drainage for continuous pneumothorax
- Peritoneal dialysis
These facilities allow emergency stabilisation and intensive care of the sickest of patients on one site, without the need to travel outside central London.
Our wards are designed for patient safety and comfort with warm, deep bedding and the very latest in monitoring equipment. Our nursing team includes a number of Registered Veterinary Nurses with post-graduate qualifications specifically in intensive care, who are on hand constantly to give optimum professional care alongside plenty of cuddles and reassurance. Our hospital vets also have post-graduate qualifications in Emergency and Critical Care to be able to assist the team around the clock.