We are proud to be a silver-level accredited cat-friendly clinic, assessed by the International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM), as a guarantee of our commitment to our feline patients. We have taken steps to train our staff on feline behaviour and handling to aid in reducing stress within our veterinary clinic to directly improve the welfare of our patients.
As a cat-friendly clinic, our facilities include:
- A cat waiting area, with visual barrier, carrier park station, blankets to cover carriers and pheromonal spray.
- Feline pheromonal diffusers in all clinical areas for calming and reassurance.
- Calming music in clinical areas which has been proven to aid relaxation in the clinic.
- A variety of diagnostic services across a range of specialist disciplines, provided with low-stress handling.
- Cat-specific kennels with soft bedding and hides. Further privacy provided by covering the kennel, with toys and other enrichment tools also available.
- Overnight hospitalisation at Village Vet Hampstead, a gold-level cat-friendly accredited clinic, with designated time for rest.
We have cat advocates within our team, Scarlett Dean RVN & Ryan Kavanagh RVN, who are happy to assist with any questions or concerns.
“We are delighted to have achieved silver-level accreditation with ISFM. Our team have been trained on cat-friendly handling techniques and are dedicated to ensuring our feline patients have a positive experience from the moment they enter the practice. It’s thoroughly rewarding to witness the benefits this brings to our patients every day.”
-Scarlett Dean RVN, Internal Medicine & Oncology Veterinary Nurse and LVS Cat Advocate
London Vet Specialists look forward to building on this accreditation by working toward gold-level cat-friendly status upon our move to a new state-of-the-art hospital in Hammersmith next year, with cat-specific waiting area, consult rooms, ward and exercise room.
Please see below guides for more information: