At London Vet Specialists, we are committed to improving our environmental sustainability. Our aim is to reduce the environmental and community impact we generate through the provision of our patient care services.
Steps we’ve taken towards sustainability:
- Appointing an environmental champion.
- Implementing an environmental policy.
- Introducing a “green” discussion to our monthly team meetings.
- Training our staff on low flow anaesthesia.
- Switching to recycled tissue and printing paper.
- Transitioning to biodegradable cat litter.
- Replacing single-use incontinence pads with reusable washable pads for bedding and biodegradable cellulose fabric for tabletop use.
- Investing in a reusable diathermy electrode for surgery use.
- Attending the monthly Linnaeus sustainability strategy meeting.
Our goal includes achieving Investors in the Environment (iiE) accreditation. This scheme is designed to help organisations reduce their environmental impact and promote their green achievements.
“It’s so important that we respect our future by understanding our impact on the environment and taking steps towards maximising our sustainability. Taking part in the iiE scheme is a powerful way for us to begin that journey.”
Holly de Stacpoole, LVS Environmental Champion & Registered Veterinary Nurse in Surgery
Download our Environmental Policy here: